Last Revised 27 September 2018
We have shared additional information to help you understand how and why data is collected. If at any time you have questions regarding how we handle data and information please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by emailing:
Framework Dowsing regards privacy and data protection of high importance. We aim to only collect relevant and necessary data for providing our products and services. We do not share your personal information with anyone, except as necessary to provide our services, without first asking your permission.
Your personal information includes
- Email address
And could also include
- Telephone number
- Other contact information
- Other data that could identify you
Information could be collected in the following situations
- When booking for a Framework Dowsing course or workshop, or attending an event at which Framework Dowsing representatives are participating
- Website visitors who complete and submit a contact form
- Website visitors who are joining the Framework Dowsing newsletter Email list
- Visitors to the websites and using our personal support services or otherwise communicating with us
- Customers downloading or purchasing any of our products or services
- Telephone / Telegram / WhatsApp enquiries
- Clients using the services of a member of the Framework Dowsing team
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example PayPal – seebelow
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Tracking visitors to the site
We do not use tracking technologies on the Framework Dowsing websites.
Point 7 ‘Data Collected for and by our Users’
By using their facilities we have access to information about which of our emails you open and which links you follow within the email. This is unfortunately typical for most email marketing services. You can change your subscription preferences or unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of each newsletter or by contacting us via the support email address.
Resource Downloads using WP Email Capture
We use a WordPress plugin called WP Email Capture to aid management of our email marketing list. Should you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we collect the following data.
Your Name (or what you chose to address yourself as). This is used for simple personalisation purposes.
Your Email Address. This is used to contact you and include you in our newsletter.
The date of signup. This is so we can reference when to delete your data at a later date.
We keep contact form submissions for customer service purposes only. We do not use the information submitted through them for marketing. Information is held for no longer than necessary i.e. to answer an enquiry or question; provide support and advice or to add a newsletter subscriber to the mailing list.
We use information that we collect for
- Providing, operating, maintaining and promoting the website and our services
- Processing and completing transactions, and sending related information including purchase confirmations and invoices
- Communicating with you by email or telephone
- Customer relationship and support services
- Complying with legal obligations as well as investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions and unauthorised access to Framework Dowsing and other illegal activities.
- Other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
Please note that if you subscribe to our YouTube channel or Facebook page that these organisations provide anonymous information about visitors and viewers. If you have not changed your privacy settings on these accounts Framework Dowsing is informed of who has subscribed to these groups. Although not privy to your personal details Framework Dowsing is capable of contacting you via these platforms.
Please see these links for more information
We may contact you directly via
- Text (SMS)
- Telegram application https://telegram.org/
- WhatsApp application https://www.whatsapp.com/
- Carrier pigeon
- 2 tin cans with a piece of string in between
Using these forms of contact will have been initiated by you e.g. for support and updates; as a welcome communication or in a client situation.
We do not permit our service providers to use any personal information we share with them for their own purposes other than related to the services they provide for Framework Dowsing.
We may share your information with others
- Within the Framework Dowsing group
- When we are required to disclose information for legal reasons or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Where we have a belief that if to do so would be necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities.
- As you may otherwise consent from time to time.
We do not sell rent or share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing or any other purposes.
International Information transfers
Framework Dowsing uses Cloudflare for website security and performance services. This service provides a robust form of security which in turn protects any personal information and data held temporarily on the Framework Dowsing .co.uk website.
Please see their security policy – sections DATA AGGREGATION and INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy/ and statements regarding the transfer of personal information via their international servers.
Framework Dowsing uses UpdraftPlus to create back ups of the frameworkdowsing.co.uk website. This is in the event of a hacking, server malfunctions and security and update problems. It means that we can reinstate the website more easily – rather than a complete rebuild. It has happened : ( Any personal data held on the website during a back up is thus part of that back up. 3 back ups are held on the UpdraftPlus servers. https://updraftplus.com/
Data subject rights
You have the right to access, correct, update, or delete your personal information. This is known as a System Access Request (SAR). Please email us at
We will respond within 30 days. Please note that we will need to verify that you are inquiring about your information before we can help. We need to consider the request against the risk of violating another person’s privacy.
You can manage your receipt of Framework Dowsing Newsletter emails by clicking on the ‘update subscriptions’ or ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of such emails. Otherwise please send a request to the support email address shared within this document.
We have taken appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not unlawfully processed. Framework Dowsing uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal, identifiable information. However, no information transferred over the Internet or a wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
We are unable to delete your purchasing information containing your personal information for a period of 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us. This is because we may need to access historical information for financial reporting purposes.
How we protect your data
The frameworkdowsing.co.uk is protected by Cloudflare. We use 2 factor authentication to access and manage the websites. All staff with access to managing the websites are updated and aware of security and the protection of personal data as outlined in this document.
Data breach procedures
In the event of a data breach we will issue a public statement via social media channels and emails notifications. We will aim to keep you as informed as we are as to the nature of the data breach; what information has been divulged; and our future steps as we move forward.
If you have any questions regarding your personal information please contact us at
Please note that our email address is included as a picture to reduce spam emails. It is not intended to make it more difficult for you to contact us! We appreciate your patience with our systems of dealing with Framework Dowsing’s own security and privacy issues.
We may transfer this Policy as well as the information covered by this Policy if there is a change of control or reorganisation of the Framework Dowsing business. Changes to this policy will be posted to this page.
Need Further Assistance?
Can we assist via email?
Please note that the Framework Dowsing websites are not linked to a user tracking program. frameworkdowsing.co.uk is protected by Cloudflare.
Security and privacy is very important to us and we have the same respect for visitors to the Framework Dowsing websites.
Data Protection Officer,
LE9 3EA, UK